The most important part of your asset management program is you.
We offer the following custodian options — places where your assets are held in safekeeping in your name.
- TD Ameritrade Institutional / Schwab Advisor Services
The world’s two largest custodians are merging to provide cutting-edge advisor technology, a simple yet robust client dashboard, and full investment flexibility for all of our client Brokerage, IRAs, Trusts, and Custodial accounts
- American Funds
529 Plans, Traditional & Roth IRAs with access to Institutional share classes, and Capital Group’s highly diversified portfolios. Ideal platform to build customized, objective-focused portfolios for clients focused on saving through consistent, ongoing contributions.
- Jackson National
Annuities could help certain clients with wealth preservation, tax mitigation, wealth transfer and legacy planning, income generation, and overall risk management.
The vast majority of independent RIA firms have account minimums of $250k, $1MM or even higher. Not Copia. We believe that institutional-level planning, management and service can and should be provided to investors of all kinds.
No two clients are identical, and we feel portfolio construction should reflect that. We are continuously screening each client’s risk tolerance, cash flow, and ultimate long- and short-term objectives in order for tactical portfolio changes and rebalancing.
- Core & Explore
We start with a strategic allocation to broadly diversified domestic & international indices through low-cost ETFs, which typically equal 70-80% of the equity portfolio. These positions are systematically rebalanced over time. We then build a tactical overlay of more exploratory positions — a blend of individual stocks and/or actively-managed ETFs in higher-volatility sectors and areas of the market with higher long-term growth potential (for instance the cannabis sector, blockchain technology, autonomous vehicles, and other innovative/disruptive technology).
- Legacy Positions
Whether it’s through previous employers’ stock options, an inheritance, or a long-term investment in a favorite company, we build asset allocation strategies around legacy positions.
- ESG Investing
In an effort to align your investment goals with your personal values, we can build custom portfolios with an emphasis on global companies with high Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) standards.
As the investment adviser for our clients, we take our fiduciary responsibilities seriously. We have hired Foreside Consulting as a third-party firm to assist in all ongoing Compliance initiatives for our firm. The following are just a few of the fiduciary obligations we owe to our clients:
- Duty of Care – the responsibility to inform ourselves as completely as possible in order to exercise sound judgments that protect the client’s interests;
- Duty of Loyalty – we seek to avoid conflicts of interest and to make full and fair disclosure of any potential material conflicts that could affect the advisory relationship;
- Duty to Seek Best Execution – we consider the full range and quality of investments and broker’s services, periodically and systematically evaluating the transactions that represent the best qualitative execution
- Duty to Act and Provide Advice & Monitoring over the Course of the Relationship – we are required to provide advice & services over the course of our relationship at a frequency that is both in the best interest of the client and consistent with the scope of advisory services agreed upon.